No, you cant just type ‘Remove Google Review’, sorry!
So, you have a Google Business listing, a facebook page and more. In Google there are over 300 searches per month for the words ‘remove google review’. I would say this may be due to people experiencing something similar to the story below.
As a part of our SEO Services we offer a free Google Business listing to our clients. And this is a great way to get some great local exposure for any business who deals with their local community.
You seem to be getting some business from these business listings and your clients are all leaving great 5 star reviews!
So then one day you get an email saying that someone who you dont recognise has left a 1 star review on your business! Dont you wish you could just type ‘remove google review’!?
Usually this feels like a total injustice. In fact it down right hurts.
So, you go and read the review.
This person has said something negative about your business in order to compromise your character in the eyes of possible clients. Whats worse is that you have never even dealt with them or even heard of them.
This happens to me regularly. So I wish I could just type ‘remove google review’ and watch it disappear!
On the most recent ‘attack’ I made the decision to document it in my blog because it was so bold. This was December 2018.
Remove Google Review doesn’t work, So This is What I did step by step
So here it is, my master detective work. I will let you decide where the clues lead….
1. I read the review and clicked on their name. ‘Daniel Pearce’
2. I noticed they had left bad reviews on multiple business names I had ranking in Google
3. I also noticed they left a great review for one of my competitors.
4. I checked the competitors website and noticed that the two guys who run that business have the names ‘Benjamin Pearce’ and ‘Daniel Piltz’. The combination of the two is Daniel Pearce.
5. I tried messaging the mobile phone number listed on their website and even gave a personal message in facebook. I got nothing back.
So what do you do when someone does this?
Again, I wish I could just type ‘remove google review’!
Firstly, you can flag their comment as a conflict of interest. This is what I always do, often I find it gone in a week.
I would also try contacting them with a ‘Come on buddy, is this the type of karma you want floating around for your business?’ type of message or comment.
If this type of thing happens to you or someone you know feel free to contact me and I will be happy to guide them through flagging the fake review and researching where it came from.